The desire to lose weight quickly sometimes exceeds all conceivable boundaries. Diets and some medicines have long been tried, but the result is far from impressive. But, the modern market is rich in fat burners – new fashionable bioactive supplements that help to lose weight. How to choose the best of them?
How fat burners work
As the name implies, the main task of such products is to help get rid of excess lipid tissue as soon as possible. The basis of any fat burner for weight loss is plant extracts that have the ability to speed up the metabolism of the human body. The principle is simple – due to the active work of metabolism, adipose tissue is intensively consumed and excreted with the kidneys.
There are three large groups of fat burners:
- Calorie blockers.
Despite the fact that the result of the action of the drugs is the same – weight loss occurs, they differ significantly in the degree of influence on the human body.
Thermogenics are typical metabolism boosters. They increase body temperature, up to 39 degrees, which leads to the activation of all systems of the human body. In addition to increasing the temperature, they dramatically increase efficiency and endurance, which helps to train intensively over a long period of time.
Lipotropics do not raise the temperature, their main task is to change the functioning of the liver cells, which leads to increased breakdown of fat molecules, instead of their formation and storage in the depot. Pure lipotropics are rarely used in isolation, as they do not allow to increase the metabolism of other organs. Therefore, they are often combined with thermogenics as combination products.
Calorie blockers are drugs that disrupt the digestion process, preventing the absorption of fats and carbohydrates. Since the largest part of the calorie content comes from fats, their deficiency is compensated by the body by spending its own reserves. They can be used in isolation, do not require special diets, because regardless of the type of food, the intake of fats is blocked in the intestines.
Safety and Nutrition Considerations When Using Fat Burners
During the activation of metabolism in the body, the course of all chronic diseases worsens. Elevated temperature, especially if fat burners are used for weight loss in women, is poorly tolerated, the work of the endocrine glands changes.
Lipotropics do not have such a serious effect on metabolism, but they interfere with the functioning of the liver, which greatly complicates the activity of hepatocytes (liver cells). This leads to structural changes in the liver, which, with prolonged use of lipotropics, can result in fatty degeneration of the liver.
The safest calorie blockers, but their use changes the structure of feces. They become mushy with a lot of fat. This leads to unforeseen bowel movements, which makes it difficult for a person to perform social activities.
There are restrictions under which fat burners are contraindicated. These should include:
- heart diseases, especially ischemic disease and cardiosclerosis of any origin;
- liver pathology, including fatty degeneration, cirrhosis or chronic hepatitis;
- atherosclerosis of any arteries;
- chronic kidney disease, especially in the presence of insufficiency of their function;
- diabetes mellitus – since intervention in metabolism is permissible only with the help of calorie blockers;
- nervous diseases – epilepsy, neuroses;
- malignant tumors;
- systemic diseases with muscle damage – dermatomyositis, lupus, scleroderma.
For any chronic diseases and a tendency to allergic diseases, you should consult a doctor before using fat burners. With the appearance of a rash, as well as a sharp deterioration in well-being, the use of these dietary supplements should be abandoned.
Most drugs are compatible with any food. However, while taking fat burners, alcohol should be completely excluded, as well as energy tonics due to the danger of an overdose of active ingredients.
TOP 10 substances that make up fat burners
Not all active ingredients that make up complex products are equally effective for weight loss. Below is a ranking that includes the most commonly used substances.
- Synephrine. A classic thermogenic that enhances the activity of all types of metabolism in the body.
- Methylhexanamine. Stimulates the work of the brain, accelerates metabolic processes, increases excitability. It has thermogenetic properties.
- Evodiamine. Thermogenic with a powerful effect, has a diuretic and general stimulating effect.
- Yohimbine. Strong lipolytic with a stimulating effect on the nervous system and sexual activity.
- Linoleic acid. Reduces appetite, enhances the breakdown of fat, lowers cholesterol. Effective only in combination.
- Caffeine. Classical stimulant of the nervous system. Enhances all types of metabolism in the body. To obtain a fat-burning effect, 200 mg per day is enough.
- Thyroxin. Thyroid hormone analog. The levorotatory isomer is used. Enhances all metabolic processes, accelerates the removal of fat. When used in high doses, complications are possible.
- Chitosan. Retains fat in the intestines, accelerates its breakdown in the liver.
- Carnitine. A powerful lipolytic that enhances activity during any physical activity.
- Forskolin. Safe vegetable fat burner with a moderate effect. Included in most popular complex fat burners.